This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Government Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
Job Title:Volunteer Citizens on Patrol COP
Opening Date/Time:Mon. 01/28/13 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time:Fri. 12/27/13 11:59 PM Central Time
Location:Public Safety Building, 1525 Arkansas Lane, Grand Prairie, Texas
FLSA:Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
The Grand Prairie Police Department's Citizens On Patrol (COP) program provides the opportunity for trained citizen volunteers to assist their police department with designated non-confrontational activities as citizen patrollers and administrative volunteers in order to increase citizen understanding and participation in police activities, enhance crime prevention, and provide additional resources to improve service to the community.
- COP volunteers help patrol the city in specially marked decommissioned police cars.
- Members are trained to work with the police department to act as additional 'eyes and ears' to help to report criminal activity.
- Issues requiring the attention of city resources.
Skills / Requirements
Minimum Qualifications:To become a COP volunteer with the Grand Prairie Police Department, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have a desire to volunteer and donate at least 16 hours of time per calendar month.
- Ability to recognize, understand and report suspicious activity. Skill in communicating effectively with individuals.
- Capable of patrolling on foot or in a vehicle. Capable of writing a correct and legible report.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid Texas driver's license and proof of insurance. Must have never been convicted of a felony, and pass a background check.
- Successfully complete a training program provided by the police department.
Additional Information:We offer a Law Enforcement Exploring program
for persons younger than 21 years of age who want to volunteer. The Grand Prairie Police Department reserves the right to approve the assignments of volunteers.
For more information about the Citizens On Patrol program, contact Sergeant Steven Davis at 972-237-8839 or
Please complete the Grand Prairie Police Department Volunteer Application Addendum
by clicking the link. You will need to provide this addendum when you appear for an interview.